Proposal of a new
American Momin park, inc. (AMP)
New Masjid Project Location:
1441,S Farm Road 133, springfield, MO 65807. USA
2125W Kingsley St., Springfield, MO 65807. USA
Proposal and Execution Plan
- Springfield, Missouri, is a conservative city located in the Midwestern region of the United States. Springfield is located 520 miles south of Chicago, IL, and 350 miles north of Dallas, TX.
- Springfield is the third largest city in the state with a population of 165,000. The local demographics are as follows: 91% Caucasian, 3.4% African American, 3.7% Hispanic, and 1.9% other. The Muslim community makes up 0.11% of the Springfield population and consists of roughly 2000 men, women, and children of 15 Countries.
- The city has two major hospital systems, Cox Hospitals and Mercy Hospitals, and many universities - Missouri State University, Drury University, Evangel University, and several Community Colleges which serve Muslim and International students.
Objectives:The objectives of this proposal are
- To provide a modern, independent masjid and community center for the Muslims of Springfield/Branson, MO.
- To find support, sponsorships, as well as donations, from other organizations and the local, national, and international community.
- To establish a permanent building as a masjid & community center for the Muslim community in the Ozark area
- To provide efficient service and da'wah for Muslims and non-muslims in the Ozark area and promote awareness of the religion of Islam.
Reasons:A survey conducted in July 2015 showed a high demand for a new, larger masjid that would better suit the community's needs for gatherings, security, Eid celebrations, Islamic education, and community outreach. Financial support for the proposed masjid is promising.
- The Springfield city has grown by 8.3% since 2000, and the Muslim population here has grown as well.
- American Momin Park, Inc intends to provide a new, more modern masjid. The current masjid at 2151 E Division, Springfield, MO is outdated and in a constant state of disrepair, in an insecure location that is hard for the community to access, has a poor location for the ladies' entrance, and does not have adequate parking or facilities for the growing community.
- In light of the prominence of Islamophobia in the USA, American Momin Park, Inc will hold community outreach events such as Adopt-a-Street clean up days with Interfaith Alliance, invitations to informational talks at the masjid, open house events, free medical / dental camps, and charity drives. For this reason, the masjid and community center must be in a more accessible location, look more modern, and have enough space and facilities to host visitors.
Proposed AMP Activities:American Momin Park, Inc (AMP) will be available for the following religious and community activities
- Regularly scheduled prayers 5 times a day and prayers every Friday, on Eid Day, and during Tarawiah
- Iftar parties, Eid Day Celebrations
- Halaqa (religious discussion) meetings
- Islamic Education for children and adults
- Networking opportunities with Muslim Students Associations
- Information on Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca)
- Funeral Services
- Interfaith invitations and dialogues
- Dawah meetings
Facility Opportunity:Founding members generously donated and purchased a 5.5 Acre plot of land at 1441 S Farm Road, 133, Springfield, MO 65807 and committed substantial funds to the masjid construction. The land is located in the corners (inside) of W Sunshine and W. Bye Pass road classified as Commercial Zone. This area already includes three Christian churches and approval to construct a masjid was also obtained before land purchase. However detailed construction drawings must be approved by Greene County before obtaining a building permit to start construction. See location map for more details.
- The proposed masjid is approximately 7,500 -8,000 Square feet area to accommodate 500 people, and it will consist of separate male and female prayer halls, a spacious lobby, a conference/dining multipurpose hall, a full kitchen, a female dining area, storage, a library, school class rooms, an Imam living room, a stay area for people during Arafat, male and female restrooms with wudu areas, and 250 paved car parking facilities. Additionally, the facilities and parking areas will include security and safety features such as wireless security alarms, motion detectors, door, window and equipment sensors, fire alarms, fire sprinklers, security cameras with remote monitoring, fencing, and monitoring to protect the masjid from vandalism and theft.
- Total Funds Needed Funds Collected and Current Financial Status: Estimated cost for masjid building (budget) and landscape with details, funds so far collected for masjid building, and current financial status are attached in a separate sheet.
- Estimated project schedule: The time required to complete entire building and landscape works in Phase I will be 12 months from ground breaking after obtaining city building permit, Insha Allah, if the entire project's estimated/budget fund is encumbered.
Future Plan:Future plan Phase II includes a cemetery, funeral Home, playground for children, and adult outdoor basketball court, recreational area, and commercial shops to sell halal items to community thus creating recurring income to masjid operations.
Key To Community Success:American Momin Park, Inc will be your masjid for several generations. Insha Allah. It purely depends on Springfield Muslim community for its operational support. The Muslim community will be responsible for upkeep of the masjid facilities and grounds. This will require everyone's participation, team work, and generous contributions of funds to the masjid on a regular basis. Community members are responsible for using the facilities for their intended legal activities in a respectful manner.
Contact Information:Contact us by visiting this page.
Bank Information:Contact us by visiting this page.
Organization And Legal Entity:American Momin Park, Inc is a non - profit religious organization under IRC Code 501 [C] . It was incorporated in the year of 2014 as an independent entity (not associated with any other organization) to serve the Muslim community in Springfield/Branson/ Ozark, Missouri area. MO Corporation No: # N000696634. Tax Id: 47-1902268 Your contribution to building fund is IRS Tax Exempted under IRC Section 501 ( c ) (3).
Summary:ALHAMDULILLAH, all praise to Allah s.w.t. for His blessings. The Proposal of Springfield Masjid Project now has finally prepared. Thanks and much gratitude to everyone involved in this project, especially to Sultan Zahirsha who used his skills to design the concept drawing, estimate and project plan, Salmon Alam, Rachid Kaina, Dr. Habib Munshi and all Muslims, for the overwhelming supports and help in preparing the proposal. We hope more support may come from our brothers, donators, and other institutions in USA and internationally.
It is our responsibility as an Ummah to uphold the tenets of Islam and building a masjid is one of shi'ar in Islam. Lastly, we make du'a to Allah s.w.t. to strengthen our Istiqamah in performing good deeds and also in making the effort to build a masjid.
"...And when you have decided, then rely upon Allah. Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him]."
Surah Ali Imran [3:159]